WORKING WITH SURVIVORS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE WITH MULTIPLE DISADVANTAGE
The Practice Development Unit and Equation are pleased to present a webinar briefing on “Working with survivors of domestic abuse experiencing multiple disadvantage”. Delivered by Equation and funded by the Postcode Lottery, this free webinar will explore the relationships between domestic abuse and multiple disadvantage, which in this context includes drug and alcohol use, mental ill-health and domestic abuse.
This short briefing provides an introductory overview that will:
- Enable participants to understand the relationships between domestic abuse and multiple disadvantage
- Consider the additional needs of survivors with multiple disadvantage
- Enable participants to understand the additional barriers to leaving an abusive relationship facing those with multiple disadvantage
- Consider how to best support survivors with multiple disadvantage, including safety planning considerations, impact of trauma on interaction and engagement
- Explore a number of key considerations with regards to the impact of COVID-19 on support and access to services.
Audience: this webinar is aimed at professionals and volunteers from all sectors who work with clients who are survivors of domestic abuse and face other sources of disadvantage.
Attendance to the webinar is free of charge, however advance booking is essential. Instructions on how to attend will be provided to participants after their booking is confirmed.